PLACERVILLE, CALIF. (InEDC) July 27, 2023
The Dobbs Truck Group is a growth company that successfully expands our operations and customer base through a high-quality team of employees.
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center. These dealerships represent some of the best commercial truck brands including Peterbilt, Volvo, Mack, Autocar, and Hino and include locations in Arkansas, California, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k), as well as paid vacation and sick leave. Our Company is looking for long-term employees that we can invest in and grow with as we pursue our mission of being the premier commercial truck dealer group.
I. General Job Description
This position will be responsible for the sale of products and services offered by the Company. This position involves traveling to customer sites to make outside sales calls and obtaining orders or contracts by driving to off-site customer locations. This position includes managing sales within assigned territories.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· Used equipment sales and financing of used vehicles.
· Selling service, parts, and body shop work.
· As assigned by management with the right to revise territory responsibility or assigned accounts.
II. Minimum Job Qualifications
· 18 years of age.
· 2 years of sales experience or 5 years of experience in the transportation industry.
· Ability to obtain a valid CDL within 12 months of employment.
III. Desired Job Qualifications
· Sales experience in the transportation industry.
· Intermediate knowledge off Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
IV. Mental Capability Requirements
· Comprehension: Ability to understand complex problems, collaborate, and explore alternative solutions.
· Organization: Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule on short-term basis (more than 1 month).
· Reasoning & Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant impact on department’s credibility, operations, and services.
· Communication: Ability to compose detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications of limited scope of impact and make presentations.
· Mathematics: Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and develop forecasts and computer models.
V. Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office or moderately loud when in the field.
VI. Common Expectations of Performance for all Employees
The following includes common expectations for all employees of the Company. The evaluation of job performance will be based on these common expectations as well as the position-specific responsibilities described above.
Communications, Teamwork, and Feedback to Others
· Contribute to a work environment that is based on trust and respect.
· Have discussions on a regular basis with their manager to discuss opportunities to best achieve individual performance objectives and departmental goals.
· Suggest ways to improve the efficiency of conducting their job duties.
· Promote continuous improvement and change to support company growth.
· Mentor others unselfishly.
· Give credit where it’s due.
Company Loyal Policies and Work Ethic
· Adhere to the policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
· Adhere to the Company’s Employee Conduct Policy.
· Support management decisions toward meeting company goals.
· Be open and receptive to new ideas, regardless of their origin.
· Make prudent decisions, which are based on the best interest of the Company and its long-term future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dobbs Truck Group operates 23 commercial truck dealerships through two operating companies – Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center.
Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Center are equal opportunity employers that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. Dobbs Peterbilt and Western Truck Parts do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or marital status; or on the basis of age against persons whose age is 40 and over, or on the basis of physical or mental disability; or to disabled veterans or to Vietnam veterans.
We are proud to be an affirmative action employer and encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to join our team.