Low-cost community flu vaccination clinics starting in September
“Everyone six months of age or older should get a flu vaccine each year for the best protection against the flu,” said Lynnan Svensson, Supervising Public Health Nurse with the Public Health Division. “It is especially important to vaccinate high-risk individuals, such as children under age five, people 65 years and older, pregnant women and people with chronic diseases like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease. Also, it is critical for health care workers and those individuals taking care of these high-risk persons to be immunized.”
In addition to the flu vaccine, the pneumococcal vaccine (which protects against pneumonia) will also be available at the flu clinics for those who medically qualify.
The cost per vaccine is $10, but no one will be denied service due to inability to pay; cash or check accepted. Parents should bring their child’s immunization records.
Updated information on the community flu clinics will be posted to edcgov.us/publichealth and on the County Flu Hotline at (530) 621-6188.
West Slope Community Flu Clinic dates and locations:
- Sept. 30 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the El Dorado Hills Fire Station 85, 1050 Wilson Boulevard, El Dorado Hills.
- Oct. 1 from 10 a.m. to noon at Pioneer Park, 6740 Fairplay, Somerset.
- Oct. 7 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Georgetown Fire Station 61, 6281 Main St., Georgetown.
- Oct. 8 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Organ Room, Placerville.
- Oct. 14 from 2 to 4:30 p.m. at the Community Church, 6361 Pony Express Trail, in the Evergreen Room, Pollock Pines.
- Oct. 16 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Garden Valley Fire Station 51, 4860 Marshall Road, Garden Valley.
- Oct. 22 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Community Church, 5061 Sciaroni Road, Grizzly Flats.
- Oct. 23 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Cameron Park Fire Station 89, 3200 Country Club Drive, Cameron Park.
- Oct. 28 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Diamond Springs Fire Station 49, 501 Main St., in the Conference Room, Diamond Springs.
- Oct. 30 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the County Fairgrounds, 100 Placerville Drive, in the Pavilion, Placerville. Drive thru clinic; stay in your car and get vaccinated.
- Nov. 1 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Divide Wellness Center, 6065 Highway 193, Georgetown.