General Plan Amendment and Zoning Ordinance EIR ready for Public Comment
This is a good time to remind our readers that El Dorado County (EDC) HAS A SOLUTION to the negativity perceived in this survey for our once Golden State. The solutions came from the original Regulatory Reform Subcommittee of the Board-appointed Community and Economic Development Advisory Committee.
Reg Reform gathered hundreds of volunteers from small to large business entities, from ranchers and farmers to winery owners, from developers to anti-growth activists, from health care advocates to leaders at Marshall Hospital. The volunteers reviewed the General Plan (GP) and determined that
(1) The GP was never fully implemented;
(2) The Zoning Ordinance (ZO) was not consistent with the GP as required by state law; and,
(3) the GP incorporated numerous regulations that were inconsistent with existing state law, or were onerous to the public in their application at large, effectively conflicting with some county goals to enhance the job market and bring new jobs and economic growth to this area.
With limited changes recommended to remove regulatory burdens of the GP, while retaining the original land use designations set forth in the GP, the Board of Supervisors has moved the process forward as reported in past issues of this newsletter.
Today this process for updating the General Plan Amendment (GPA) and Zoning Ordinance Update (ZOU) process is being accomplished, with the environmental analysis of the proposed changes now ready for public input. The hearing schedule is set as follows, but note: the schedule is subject to change:
- Monday August 4th 5:00 pm -7:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 6th 8:00 am – Noon
- Wednesday August 13th Noon – 4:00 pm and 6:30 – 8:00 pm @ Regular Ag Commission Meeting
- Thursday August 14th 8:30 am - 3:00 pm @ Regular Planning Commission Meeting
- Monday, August 18th 8:00 am – Noon
- Wednesday, August 20th 8:00 am – Noon
NOTE: All public meetings will be held at the Board of Supervisors’ Chambers @ 2850 Fairlane Court, Placerville, Ca in Building A.