Community Wildfire Protection Plan Survey Being Developed in South Lake
The South Lake Tahoe Fire Department and Lake Valley Fire Protection District have joined in developing a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) for South Lake Tahoe.
A CWPP enables a community to plan how it will reduce the risk of wildfire. The plan identifies strategic sites and methods for fuel reduction projects across the landscape and jurisdictional boundaries.
We are asking the community to participate in a survey for developing the CWPP. Please complete the following survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/752M55Y.
A CWPP is a vehicle for incorporating the Fire Adapted Community recommendations into community design and maintenance, and for taking communities to the next step in wildfire preparedness. CWPP planning assists communities in establishing priorities for protecting life, property and infrastructure. The plans can take a variety of forms, but at a minimum must:
* Be developed collaboratively
* Identify and prioritize areas and methods for hazardous fuel-reduction treatments
* Recommend measures to reduce the ignitability of structures throughout the community
For more opportunities to learn about CWPP development, consider attending one of the following events:
* May 20, 2014 City of SLT Council Meeting at 1901 Airport Rd at 9AM
* May 22, 2014 CWPP Public Input Meeting at 1901 Airport Rd, South Lake Tahoe Airport Conference Room 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
From the City of South Lake Tahoe