Memorial Day Tribute 2012 at the El Dorado County Veterans Monument
Friends of the Veterans Monument, May 24, 2012On Monday, May 28, 2012, 11:00 AM The Friends of the Veterans Monument Inc. will host the 7th annual Memorial Day Tribute at The El Dorado County Veterans Monument, 360 Fair Lane, Placerville, CA, 95667.
On Monday 28, 2012 at 11:00 hours, four WW11 aircraft with the unmistakable sound of their ageless vintage radial engines will soar out of the eastern sky over Placerville and the El Dorado County Veterans Monument in a salute to those who lost their lives for our freedoms. Those we honor on Memorial Day answered their call to duty, and in doing so, they honored their heritage, their people and our nation. Now it’s our duty on Memorial Day to honor the legacy of these men and women.
Highlights of this year’s tribute include:
- This year El Dorado County and the Friends of the Veterans Monument, Inc. are honored to welcome Secretary of the California Department of Veterans Affairs Peter J. Gravett, who will present the Gubernatorial Memorial Day Proclamation. Secretary Gravett is a retired Major General with more than 40 years of military service in the U.S. Army and the California National Guard.
- A flight of T-6 aircraft in a fly-by salute in honor of El Dorado County Veterans
- Special guest speaker and guest of honor, Senior Master Sergeant Ian J.A. Troxell, USAFR
- Master of Ceremonies Lt. Col Kurt Raffetto USAF (Ret.)
- An invocation by Monument Chaplain Lt. Col. Tim Thompson USAR (Ret.)
- Participation from local Girl, Cub and Boy Scout troops and veteran service organizations.
- Annual El Dorado County Veterans Monument Scholarship Fund Awards.
- 20-member Foothill Women’s Chorus singing the National Anthem