Dead Tree a Pretty Planter
Unique Outdoor Planter Idea: Old Logs
Dead wood is another great planter idea. If you have a tree that you have cut down from your yard because of disease or because it needed to be removed, then you can cut the log down to a manageable size to be used for a planter, or several planters. To prepare the log to be used for a planter follow these steps:
1. Decide how the planter will be positioned, either standing on its vertical or horizontal axis.
2. Hollow out the log using a hammer, chisel, knife, etc.
3. Position the log planter in your yard making sure that it is stable.
4. Make sure there is a drainage hole at the bottom of the log planter.
5. Fill with dirt.
6. Plant flowers or other vegetation.
7. For longer lasting log planters, you may want to treat the wood with a sealer of some sort to prevent rotting.