Take the test before you vote on Any Current Initiatives
Our citizens need to know the facts about El Dorado County. Take the test and see how you do. The correct answers are at the bottom.
1. The General Plan must be updated with the state every:
a. Three years
b. Five years
c. 10 years
d. The General Plan is a one-time presentation and is never updated.
2. The state requires an increase in housing between 0 percent and 10 percent annually. What increase does our General Plan call for?
a. 1 percent
b. 2 percent
c. 4 percent
d. 5.5 percent
3. “No Growth” is the 0 listed above. What are the percentages for “Slow Growth,” “Moderate Growth,” “Smart Growth?”
a. 2 percent, 4 percent and 4.5 percent
b. 1 percent, 4 percent and 2 percent
c. There are no percentages for these growth names.
4. EDC has two major east-west corridors. What are they?
a. Green Valley Road
b. Latrobe Road
c. Shingle Springs Road
d. Highway 50
e. A & C above
f. A & D above
5. What makes up a major corridor?
a. Availability of natural gas
b. Availability of sewer systems
c. Availability of road surfaces
d. All of the above
6. SB375 and AB 32 are two newer laws that regulate housing in our General Plan. What is true about these two laws?
a. They are trying to keep housing close to existing infrastructure.
b. They are trying to control carbon dioxide emissions.
c. They are trying to control how the next generation lives.
d. They don’t apply to existing housing.
e. All of the above
7. Which government agency oversees housing numbers in the cities and counties?
d. A & B
e. A & C
8. SACOG issues housing numbers for our area. These numbers are called the:
a. ARENA (Area Region Enforcement Needs Assessment)
b. RHNA (Regional Housing Needs Assessment)
c. SOFA (Sacramento Official Family Assessment)
9. Low- and moderate-income housing needs are part of the housing numbers. Are these falling or rising?
c. Not changing
10. Measure Y or TIM Fees (Traffic Impact Mitigation) raise money to pay for roads. How much has been raised for the last 10 years?
a. $57,000,000 or more
b. $137,000,000 or more
c. $300,000,000 or more
d. $400,000,000 or more
11. There are three Initiatives petitions being circulated. What do they accomplish?
a. Eliminate the more than $30 million of Traffic Impact Mitigation Fees paid by developers.
b. Require the developer to pay for roads in advance of project approval.
c. Change the Community Region lines.
d. All of the above
e. A & C
12. The General Plan requires that whatever the Economic Development Advisory Committee does, it must add up to prosperity in the county.
True or False?
13. How many years does a major development such as Serrano take to complete?
a. 20 or more
b. 30 or more
c. 40 or more
d. 50 or more
14. The following are included in our General Plan:
a. Marble Valley
b. Bass Lake
c. San Stino
d. The Old EDH Golf Course
e. Dixon Ranch
f. All of the above
15. The Economic Development Advisory Committee Regulatory Reform Subcommittee’s objective is to:
a. Change the General Plan
b. Update the General Plan
c. Bring the elements of the plan into alignment with developers needs
d. Create ordinances to make the General Plan usable
16. The market is:
a. A function of supply and demand
b. Created by the developers
c. Created by the government
d. Created by the tooth fairy
17. Level of Service (LOS) is rated in five categories, A-F. What are the statistics for EDH?
a. Rated LOS F between EDH Boulevard and the Sacramento County line, about 400 yards
b. LOS F 00.36 percent of the time (less than 1 percent)
c. There are several mitigating measures that can be taken to eliminate the issue
d. Accidents, ice, animals crossing the road and lane-blocking construction are not considered when determining LOS.
e. All of the above
18. Level of Service is determined by the speed of traffic and the number of cars per mile.
a. LOS F is 53 mph
b. LOS F is 27 mph
c. LOS F is stop-and-go
d. LOS F is 17 mph
19. If you own a business and the Anti Road Improvement & Sprawl Initiatives pass, do you expect your business to change?
a. Yes, I will have more business because there will be less people.
b. No, I will have less business because there will be less people.
c. I am a mechanic, I will have lots more business.
d. The demographics will change and EDC will continue as the county with the largest number of elderly in the population.
20. General Plans lapse:
a. Every 20 years
b. When a new member of the Board of Supervisors is sworn in
c. When the last home is permitted
d. When the citizens put a new General Plan on the ballot and it passes
e. C & D
1. b. 2. a. 3. c. 4. f. 5. d. 6. e. 7. d. 8. b. 9. b. 10. c. 11. d. 12. True. 13. b. 14. b. 15. d. 16. a. 17. e. 18. a. 19. c. 20. e.
El Dorado Hills