Local Opinion: County supervisor is supporting the One Globe-Hub One Project, but Why?
Much a do about nothing?
Then why did our county supervisor write this letter to [Sen. Dianne] Feinstein back in July supporting the One Globe/Hub One Project? Is “Hub Living” really the neatest thing since peanut butter?
Personally, I’ve grown out of living with my bicycle in the living room and snow tires under my bed. I like my garage. I like my back yard, too. I guess, overall, I like my freedom.
Imagine having to move into a multi-storied Hub Structure, where Hub One controls the heat, water, sewer, lights, food, transportation, telephone, television, email and computer data? Sort of goes against the grain. Now imagine how much money this One company will be collecting for those services. Globe One claims to be a “green” developer. They’ll be green all right, all the way to the bank. Besides, if I wanted to live in small, cramped space above a parking garage, I’d move to New York.
I live and work in Meyers because Meyers is great. Clean, open areas, beautiful mountains, great neighbors and friends, and while growth is good, inappropriate growth is not. This Hub One “megapolitan” just isn’t right for Meyers.
Angela Olson, Meyers
For more information on the Meyer’s Area Plan and to provide community input, there is a meeting next Wed, Feb 26, 6-8pm at the CCC dining hall in Meyers.
An Agenda 21 Company, Website: http://oneglobecorporation.com/
El Dorado Supervisor Letter Regarding Smart Hub concept for South Lake Tahoe
Letter to Senator Feinstein
COUNTY OF EL DORADO
330 Fair Lane Placerville, CA 95667 (530) 621-5390 (530) 622-3645 Fax
JAMES S. MITRISIN Clerk of the Board
July 16, 2013 TO: Senator Feinstein FR: Supervisor Norma Santiago, El Dorado County Board of Supervisors RE: Smart Hubs at Lake Tahoe, An Economic Development Necessity
In anticipation, thank you for meeting with me on this subject while at Lake Tahoe in August for the Environmental Summit. I think you will be quite interested in learning the details of the Smart Hub concept.
This memo, and supportive summary attached, is designed to outline what and why a Smart Hub is critical to the attraction of future investment in the Tahoe Basin.
In essence, a Smart Hub (referred to here as ONE HUB), is designed specifically to benefit Lake Tahoe communities, and:
• Is a series of self-sustaining, interconnected, high-performance, high-functioning catalyst projects that foster the development of connected economies and ecosystems.
• Is a scaled version of a Smart City (Megapolitan) solution resized to a Smart Community (Micropolitan, populations under 100,000) environment to provide regional and beyond connectivity through Machine-to-Machine and Hub-to-Hub every 30 miles based on technology and terrain.
• Is a platform for micro-infrastructure.
• Is a co-located Microhabitat in high-performance buildings that provides targeted services to attract ideal markets and clients. • Is integrated systems managed, monitored, distributed and connected by a MicroNetwork.
Tahoe is the perfect target for:
• A "Micropolitan" effort that catalyzes revitalization and renewal, economic growth and environmental repair.
• Infrastructure solutions with emerging technologies designed for human-scaled and walkable communities that are considered rural with 10,000-50,000 populations.
• Technologies that will improve transportation, water, waste and energy distribution systems, transform information and communication technology (ICT), and expand citizen/residents/visitor electronic services.
• An international draw as a desirable region with unlimited potential.
One Globe Corporation has created strategic alliances with resources like Hitachi Ltd., Cisco, Siemens, AECOM and others, whose focus is with systems integration through emerging technologies.
Sheri Woodsgreen, Co-Founder and Managing Principal of One Globe Corp., has developed infrastructure strategies for communities that transform their connectivity capabilities and allow them to become the community of the future with tremendous potential for attracting investment, business expansion, employment growth and versatility, educational opportunities and economic development.
I look forward to discussing more details with you, and also joining me will be a representative from Hitachi and One Globe Corporation president, Sheri Woodsgreen.
Thank you, again, for meeting with us.
Norma Santiago District V Supervisor El Dorado County 530.621.6577 firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: ONE GLOBE CORPORATION • PROPRIETARY • ONE4 HUB ©2013 California Strategic Growth Council Grant - Round 2, Task 2 A-E: Local Planning and Implementation Tool Kit. ATTACHMENT B - El Dorado County — Scope of Work B