GDPUD Goals Completed in 2013 Save Ratepayers Millions $$$
Regular Meeting, 4th agenda item, "DISTRICT GOALS COMPLETED IN 2013"
1. Auburn Lake Trails Water Treatment Plant changes.
• Employed an Interim General Manager with expertise with small and large projects related to consumption and wastewater projects. He is a an expert in targeting complex problem endeavors and resolving errors and faults. He brings expertise both state side and worldwide both with project knowledge and funding and grant availability. He has submitted overlooked and overdue state regulation applications, worked with Psomas to reevaluate and eliminate unnecessary items at the proposed treatment plant. His expertise is in low interest loans, grant writing, and obtaining funding for such projects.
• Secured one grant for project ($650,000).
• Applied for $8 million DWSRF loan for 20 years at an anticipated interest rate of 2.0-2.5% as opposed to $5 million USA loan at 4.5% for 40 years, saving millions of dollars over the course of the loan.
• Approved a redesign of plant to achieve anticipated savings of approximately $1 million in construction costs, and annual energy savings of approximately $15,000
2. Reduced office staff permanent positions from three (3) to two (2) Administrative Aides (savings of $70,000 per year including benefits.)
3. New Meter reading system put into place. Saving meter reader time and automated meter upload to billing system, reducing office data input time.
4. Hired new Office Manager at a reduced salary and job functions from Finance Manager, saving an estimated $50,000 per year.
5. Updated website to provide the public more information
6. Implemented online billing and bill payment of District customers
7. Created Board Policies
8. Initiated the process of collecting and addressing all prior Ordinances and Resolutions for compliance and review for conflict or outdated information.
9. Initiated the process of contacting an outside agency providing cost of service review for the District at no cost
10. Review of District job functions and job duty statements.
11. Completed numerous much needed Upcountry Slide Repair.
12. Agreed to Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Local 39.