Joseph Weinberger has been an advocate for people’s rights for more than 25 years. He graduated from Colby College in Waterville, Maine with a B.A. in Political Science and then moved to California to attend Law School. Joe graduated from the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in 1988. While at McGeorge, Joe was active in Student Government and with the McGeorge Rugby Club. As a law student, Joe worked for some of the premier legal minds in Sacramento including Hartley Hansen of Hansen, Boyd, Culhane & Mounier and for the U.S. Attorney’s office.
After law school, Joseph expanded the scope of his legal career and joined the law firm of Fonda & Garrard in Los Angeles, California. He represented numerous hospitals, companies and insurance companies in litigation. After several years in Los Angeles, Joe elected to return to the Sacramento area he loved to rejoin the firm of Hanson, Boyd, Culhane & Watson where Joe represented businesses, partnerships, farmers and individuals in various types of litigation matters.
In 1993, Joe opened his own firm and began representing individuals and businesses in a variety of areas. Joe has become a seasoned litigator, having successfully tried numerous cases before jury and bench trials. Joe has also appeared and successfully argued before the Third District Court of Appeals. Joe has achieved high regard among his peers and is an active member of the Capital City Trial Lawyers Board of Directors. He is a member of the American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of California, Sacramento County Bar Association, State Bar of California, and the US District Courts, among others. He is well known for his compassion, his ethics and his integrity. He has also served as a Judge Pro Tem for Sacramento County Superior Court, El Dorado County Superior Court, and Placer County Superior Court.
Joe’s recent accomplishments also include a case involving the protection of Parental Rights and the successful reunification of parents and their child. Joe was featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, Glen Beck, and The View for his representation in this case.
Joe and his wife Robin moved to El Dorado County more than 16 years ago to raise their two daughters in this wonderful area. They have been active volunteers in the community, local theaters and the public schools and have also quietly volunteered time with a number of nonprofit organizations.
Joseph Weinberger for Superior Court Judge 2014
- State Bar of California – December 1988
- United States District Court Eastern District of California 1989
- United States District Court Northern District of California 1989
- United States District Court Central District of California 1989
- United States District Court Southern District of California 1989
- Judge Pro Tem El Dorado Superior Court 1998 to present
- Judge Pro Tem Sacramento County 1998 to present
- Judge Pro Tem Placer County 1998 to present
- Sacramento County Civil Arbitrator
- Sacramento County Fee Arbitration
- Private Mediator
- Third District Court of Appeals
- Porter v. Golden State (1996) 43 Cal.Ap.4th 1282
- Hronis v. Knoll (opinion ordered not published)
- Nomination – Advocate of the Year 2011
- Board Member – Capital City Trial Lawyers
- Multi-million Dollar Verdicts and Settlements
- Principal Weinberger Law Firm
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law 1988
- Colby College, Bachelor of Arts Political Science 1985
- Married for 20 years to Robin
- Twin Daughters Jessica & Kimberly
- El Dorado County Resident since 1996
- Licensed Pilot
- National Rifle Association