Placerville Speedway 2014 Race Track Schedule
Placerville Speedway has officially announced the schedule for its upcoming racing season at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds. The 2014 Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort championship season is set to begin on Saturday, April 9 as the 48 year-old dirt track on the El Dorado County Fairgrounds launches a season that is packed with events nearly every weekend into September.
As Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort steps in to fill the title sponsorship role this season, the nearby venue will be joined by a number of returning sponsors. Among those stepping up to present the 2014 season will be the Mountain Democrat Newspaper and Life Newspapers group along with Hoosier Racing Tires West. Riebes Auto Parts of El Dorado County will return as the sponsor of the weekly “Kids Dash” while ADCO Driveline of Shingle Springs returns as the official fast time sponsor throughout the season.
Beginning Saturday, April 9, the mainstay divisions consisting of 360 cubic inch winged sprint cars, limited late models and pure stocks will begin their quest in the Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort Championship Points Racing Series. The three headlining divisions will be joined throughout the year by a variety of visiting divisions throughout the season, bringing a four division program to the quarter-mile clay oval nearly every Saturday for solid car counts and racing action for all types of fans.
The Bay Cities Racing Association will trek to Placerville Speedway with ten different appearances throughout the year. The mighty midgets will race on the red high banks three different times while the Midget Lites will be a common visitor throughout the year with more than a half a dozen appearances.
The Nor Cal Dwarf Cars are slated for five different appearances in the season to come, with the first taking place on opening night. The Hunt Magnetos Wingless Sprint Car Shootout will join in the action for a pair of nights on April 26 and June 21. A new addition to season will include the Nor Cal Dirt Modified Tour which will bring a full field of open wheel dirt modifieds back to the speedway for the first time in several years on August 23rd with this high paying traveling campaign. Other noteworthy events during the season will be the annual Fourth of July Spectacular that brings racing and patriotism together on July Fourth. For the first time in several years, this special night will once again be a regular point race with the sprint car and stock car divisions.
The Mountain Democrat presents Kids Night at Placerville Speedway on Saturday, August 16th. The following day will be host to the 41st Annual Placerville Police Officers Hangtown Destruction Derby.
The exciting season to come will not be shy in the way of high dollar special events in then coming months. The King of the West Sprint Cars will bring the fire breathing 410 sprint cars to Hangtown on two occasions, April 19 and July 17th. The Civil War Sprint Car Series will roll into Placerville two times this season, May 31 and August 9th. The August 9th Civil War event will be Placerville Speedway’s richest race of the year, the annual Mark Forni Classic which pays $5000 to the winner.
The 2014 racing season will conclude with the Annual Thompson’s Auto and Truck Center Tribute to Al Hinds on Saturday, September 13th. For the first time since its inception, the annual Tribute to Al Hinds will be a multi-division program that includes a race day barbecue and giant car show at the local auto dealer that continues to sponsor this race year after year.
Additional events to be announced will be an upcoming benefit race for the Boys and Girls Club of El Dorado County during the 2014 season. Additional sponsorship announcements for the year to come will also be announced as the season grows closer along with details on discount season ticket sales. Also look for a brand new track website in the weeks ahead that will contain all of the information you need to plan your weekly trip to the races.
Placerville Speedway is located on the El Dorado County Fairgrounds in Placerville and can be found on the web at www.placervillespeedway.com.
Join over 4000 friends of Placerville Speedway on Facebook, where you can interact with other fans, drivers and staff in a positive, family friendly fashion. You can also follow Placerville Speedway on twitter to keep up to date on events to come.
For sponsorship or media inquires regarding the upcoming 2014 racing season at Placerville Speedway please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule for 2014 Jackson Rancheria Casino Championship Season
El Dorado County Fairgrounds, Placerville, California
- April 5 Point Race # 1 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Dwarf Cars
- April 12 Point Race# 2 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites
- April 19 King of the West Sprint Car Series-410 Sprints
- April 26 Point Race #3 -Hunt Magneto Wingless, BCRA Midgets, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites
- May 3 Point Race # 4 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites
- May 10 Point Race # 5-360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Dwarf Cars
- May 17 Point Race # 6-360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites
- May 24 No Races(off)
- May 31 California Civil War Series -360 Sprints
- June 7 Point Race #7 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites
- June 14 no Races -Fair
- June 21 Point Race #8 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Hunt Magneto Wingless Series
- June 28 Point Race #9 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Dwarf Cars
- July 4 Point Race #10 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Models, Pure Stock (Fireworks show )
- July 5 No Races
- July 12 Point Race # 11 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Dwarf Cars
- July 19 King of the West Spint Car Series – 410 Sprints plus Midget Lites
- July 26 No Races
- Aug 2 Point Race #12 -360 Sprints, BCRA Midgets, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites , Vintage Midgets ( BCRA Hall of Fame Picnic)
- Aug 9 California Civil War Sprint Car Series -360 Sprints Mark Forni Classic $5000 to win !
- Aug 16 Point Race #13 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Dwarf Cars Kids Night Bike Races
- Aug 17 Destruction Derby ( Placerville Police Officer Association )
- Aug 23 Point Race #14 -BCRA Midgets, NorCal Modified Challenge Tour, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock
- Aug 30 Point Race #15 -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock (Big Trophy Night )
- Sept 13 Point Race #16(Final) -360 Sprints, Limited Late Model, Pure Stock, Midget Lites (Tribute to Al Hinds)
*Schedule subject to change