Human Trafficking Prevention - What can You Do ?
Everybody can do something. What will YOU do?
TOP 10 Action Items:
- Pray that God would set free those who are bound and hold accountable those who oppress the vulnerable in our community
- Request a speaker and host a human trafficking awareness event at your faith or civic group
- Contribute hygiene products, clothing, bus passes, or other basic need items to those affected by trafficking and exploitation
- Become a youth chaplain at Sacramento County Juvenile Hall to help mentor at-risk boys and girls
- Post information on your social media outlets related to the prevalence of human trafficking in the state of California
- Donate financial resources or in-kind services to help fuel the fight against human trafficking regionally
- Attend a human trafficking awareness event or training and get educated on the issue and what you can do to fight it
- Encourage and support local law enforcement, social workers, and advocates in their work to prevent them from burning out
- Prayerfully consider the process of moving near a community affected by injustice to help make an impact from the inside out
- Live your life sacrificially giving your time, talent and treasure throughout the entire year to empower vulnerable children and adults out of modern-day slavery
If you would like assistance fulfilling any of the TOP 10 Action Items above, please simply reply to this correspondence. Thank you and HAPPY FIGHTING!
IT TAKES A CITY TO FIGHT!
Welcome to The Grace Network. TGN is a faith-based anti-trafficking network mobilizing communities throughout the Sacramento region to combat human trafficking locally and beyond. We're a movement of people comprised of abolitionists, activists, advocates, artists, attorneys, business owners, church leaders, civic groups, counselors, law enforcement, missionaries, nurses, photographers, researchers, social workers, stay-at-home mom's, and average citizens of society all passionate about winning the fight against human trafficking. The mission of TGN is to mobilize, train, and assimilate passionate people into all spheres of the anti-trafficking fight, and to identify, share, and celebrate viable resources that meet the specific needs of exploited youth. We believe it takes an entire city of people to combat the exploitation of vulnerable men, women and children to truly birth lasting change and community transformation with this issue. No individual or organization can do it alone. IT TAKES A CITY TO FIGHT! Will you join our city?
To complement local anti-trafficking efforts by promoting collaboration, advocating peace, and cultivating passion, as we greatly desire to be a gospel-based community that partners towards the restoration of our city.
To holistically address all the contributing factors that perpetuate the cycle of sexually
exploited children, teens, and young adults in our community.
Partner, promote, and participate in human trafficking awareness events
Facilitate in-depth human trafficking and sexual exploitation trainings on a variety of related topics
Support other organizations and provide services in different resource categories where there is need
Operate the virtual referral and response network and provide advocacy services for exploited or at-risk youth
Engage men in the battle against human trafficking through the Fight Your Flesh & Join The Fight campaign
Mobilize men to mentor at-risk boys and young men to prevent future John's and traffickers