Pheasant Hunt contest at one of Cabela’s certified hunting destination takes entrants
A contest is underway for El Dorado County students aged 12-16 for a four-night, three-day pheasant hunt with parent/guardian at the R&R Pheasant Hunting Resort in Seneca South Dakota, one of only a few Cabela’s certified hunting destinations (www.r-rpheasanthunting.com).
Contest entry consists of a Xerox copy of an official report card with each grade equal to or higher than ‘B’ for that reporting period. One entry is allowed for each report card grading period and the student’s phone number must appear on entry. Deadline for receipt of entries is June 11, 2014.
This is the fifth year that the contest has taken place. The program’s goal is to tie together academic achievement with the enjoyment of the shooting sports, much as school sponsored sports are tied together with required grade averages for participation.
The hunt will take place during September 2014. Contest rules, procedures, and entry boxes are available at Big Horn Gun Shop (530-642-1892), Newtown Firearms (530-626-9945), Sierra Gun Exchange (530-672-0202, and Mosquito Creek Outfitters (530-621-4500).
Students who are unable to visit one of the entry box locations can mail their entries to Big Horn Gun Shop, 6271 Pleasant Valley Road, El Dorado, CA 95623. Deadline for receipt of mailed entries is June 12, 2014.
About the location http://www.r-rpheasanthunting.com/ R&R is centrally located on our 18,000 acre family-owned farming and ranching operation.
Our land consists of thousands of acres of native grass pasture, crops, mature shelter belts and well-managed CRP.
Each year we reserve 6000 acres of our prime cropland strictly for wild pheasant and other upland bird/small varmint hunting. We are proud to be one of only a few Certified Cabela's Hunting Destinations in the world.
Our experienced guides have an extensive knowledge of our land, as well as, the hunting techniques needed to ensure that you have the most memorable South Dakota pheasant hunt possible.
We specialize in accommodating every type of hunter from the professional to the beginner. We'll make sure you feel challenged, yet confident during your hunt at R&R.
We invite you to be our guest at R&R. There is plenty of time left in the season for you to come and enjoy luxury accommodations and world class South Dakota pheasant hunting action!
Our newly built lodges the Heritage and the Tradition provide a beautiful, friendly, private atmosphere to enjoy when you return from the field. In addition to hunting our guests enjoy; daily home-cooked meals, housekeeping services, unlimited sporting clays, hot tub, satellite television, wireless internet, videogames, billiards and an abundance of serene settings ideal for reading and relaxing.
A copy of the contest rules is as follows:
• Hunting prize is for three days and four nights. The all-inclusive hunt valued at $4,500 for the winning student and one parent/guardian. Hunt will take place at R&R Pheasant Hunting Resort in Seneca, South Dakota.
• Open to all students in El Dorado County who have reached the age of 12-16 as of August 31, 2014.
• Contest entry consists of a Xerox copy of an official report card dated on or after September 1, 2013 with each grade equal to or higher than ‘B,’ 3.0 or equivalent for that reporting period. Include phone number on the entry.
• Only one entry allowed for each report card grading period.
• Contest commences September 1, 2013 and final entry date is June 11, 2014.
• Drawing for one winner will be held after June 11, 2014 and winner will be notified by phone.
• Winner is responsible for transportation to and from R&R Pheasant Lodge in Seneca, SD.
• Prize is not transferable, although winner may transfer prize to a qualifying entrant in his/her immediate family.
• Winner is responsible for any State and/or Federal taxes.
• Hunt must take place between September 1, 2014 and September 30, 2014.
• Hunting student winner must have documentation which shows successful completion of an approved California hunter safety course at least 30 days prior to commencement of hunt.
• It is recommended that persons entering the contest, if they have not already completed a hunter safety course, do so immediately upon entering the contest.
• Failure to successfully complete a hunter safety course by the specified date will result in prize forfeiture and drawing of a new winner.
• This contest is offered by and is the sole responsibility of R&R Pheasant Hunting.
• After award is made, all non-winning entries will be destroyed and not used for any other purpose.
• Prior winners are not eligible for subsequent contests.