Emergency Food Distribution - Pollock Pines - Camino
The Food Bank of El DOrado County has been traveling the county to end hunger in thier new "Mobile Pantry" with stops in El Dorado Hills, Placerville, Somerset, Georgetown, Tahoe, and Even Alpine County.
This week will bring them to Placerville and Camino. This will be the first visit to Camino/Pollock Pines.
The Mobile Pantry allows the foodbank to distribute food at any location to about 100 families per hour.
- Placerville: Partnerìng Together with Foodlink - FREE Farmers Market style distribution! Produce, Bread, Pastries. Velerans Memorial Building, 430 Placerville Drive, August l4, IO:OOam to I2:OOPm
- Pollock Pines - Camino: Providing Free Emergency Supplemental Groceries. (One allocation per family) Pollock Pines Community Center, 2675 Sanders Drive, August l5, 1O:OOam to 11:OOam
- South Lake Tahoe: Partnerìng Together with Foodlink - FREE Farmers Market style distribution! Produce, Bread, Pastries. American Legion Hall, 2748 Young Street, August 28, 1O:OOam to 12:OOPm
For information contact the Foodbank at:
*Like us on Facebook “FoodBankEDC.org”*
The Food Bank of El Dorado County is a local, non-profit food assistance agency working to eliminate hunger through food distribution, education and advocacy in cooperation with the community.
The Food Bank of El Dorado County was established in 2000 by founder Mike Sproull and a handful of compassionate community activists. El Dorado County was one of a few counties in California that did not contain a full service food bank. From a grassroots humble beginning, teamed with the community, the Food Bank is now the largest collaborative charity in El Dorado County. The Food Bank provides food assistance on a daily basis in partnership with over 50 local emergency food response agency sites including abused and abandoned children's homes, battered women's shelters, senior centers, local food pantries, soup kitchens, maternity homes and more.
To provide comprehensive services in collaboration with other hunger-response agencies that will help transform the lives of people in need by:
- Providing nutritious foods
- Advocating for and participating in various programs, including nutrition education, which will promote self-sufficiency
- Educating the general public on local hunger, its causes and consequences