Supervisor-elect Ron Mikulaco decides on an Administrative Assistant and a few appointments
- Administrative Assistant: Michelle Elliston, a former manufacturing executive.
- Planning Commission: Rich Stewart, Stewart is one of the spokespeople for the Green Valley Road Alliance.
- Economic Development Advisory Committee: T Abraham, Marshall Medical Center spokesman.
- Aging Commission: Hal Erpenbeck, Retired IT executive.
- Cemetery Advisory Commission: Susan Mickus, continuing a 10-year run on the Cemetery Advisory Commission.
Supervisor-elect Ron Mikulaco won his District 1 seat in the June primary, giving him ample time to decide on an administrative assistant and fill a couple dozen appointments that go with the job.
He named former manufacturing executive Michelle Elliston, 45, as administrative assistant and also announced Rich Stewart, 53, as his choice for the El Dorado County Planning Commission. For the Economic Development Advisory Committee Mikulaco has asked Marshall Medical Center spokesman T Abraham to retain his seat.
The two dozen or so appointments to various commissions, committees, boards and joint power authorities that advise and assist the El Dorado County Board of Supervisors have been called the currency of local electoral politics, and are often awarded to supporters, friends or even family members, sometimes as a toe-in-the-water introduction to county politics for those interested in seeking higher office.