No-cost business training and consulting offered
Workshops and business consulting are under way and continue until Feb. 4, 2013.
The Northeastern California Small Business Development Center-Greater Sacramento-Sierra (NE-CA SBDC) and the County of El Dorado have partnered to offer a 12-week workshop series and business consulting in three venues simultaneously to existing and emerging businesses in the unincorporated areas of El Dorado County. Workshops will be held in Cameron Park, Placerville, and South Lake Tahoe. Workshop titles are below.
- What it Takes to Survive in Business Operations: Running the Business
- Deciding on a Business Licenses, Permits, Business Names and Insurance
- Business Plan: Your Roadmap to Success Keeping the Books – Accounting and Cash Flow
- Communication Tools and Organization How to Finance Your Business – What Lenders Want to See
- Marketing Analysis Location and Opening Your Business
- Marketing Strategy Tools to Forecast Business Needs and Cash Management
- Management Skills Post Assessment
Funding is through a grant from the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Eligible business owners (and emerging businesses) must be located in the unincorporated areas of El Dorado County and meet the CDBG definition of an eligible microenterprise business. Eligible microenterprise businesses must have five or fewer employees, and the income of the business owner(s) must fall within the limits by family size as indicted in the table below:
Family Size 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
Income must be at, or below: $42,650, $48,750, $54,850, $60,900, $65,800, $70,650, $75,550, $80,400.