5 Facebook Facts as it Passes 1 Billion Users
Victor Anthony at Topeka Capital Markets weighed in with some interesting details on the company’s path toward the milestone:
- The median age of users joining the week it reached that milestone was 22, down from 23 years at the time it reached 500mm users in 2010.
- The median age of Facebook’s users was 26 when it first crossed the 100 million user mark in 2008.
- Facebook now has 600 million mobile users, up from 543 million at the end of 2Q12.
- The top five countries where users connected at the time were Brazil, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the U.S.
- At 1 billion users, 45% of global Internet users and 15% of the world’s population are active on Facebook monthly, per data from IDC.