Red Hawk Casino Jobs - Vice President Food & Beverage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Creates, develops and implements an effective strategy of organization within the Food and Beverage Department, setting objectives for future growth and expansion.
• Formulates, administers and enforces departmental policies and performance standards.
• Participates in setting marketing policies and goals designed to attract casino guests.
• Ensures departmental compliance with applicable federal and state laws governing food and beverage.
• Confers with General Manager to review property-wide and departmental team member concerns, discussing needed changes and potential solutions.
• Coordinates all activities on property relating to recruitment, interviewing, testing, selection, orientation, transfers, promotions, and terminations, to ensure that they are carried out in accordance with established policies and procedures and federal and state laws.
• Reviews, and approves, as appropriate, all recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, lay off, recall, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign, reward, or discipline all Food and Beverage team members.
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the Food and Beverage Department, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, assisting with career development, disciplining and terminating team members, as needed.
• Sets priorities for the Food and Beverage Director(s) and Managers, providing guidance and assistance as needed.
• Participates in special projects as requested by the General Manager and/or the management team.
• Ensures the quality of management operations in all areas of the organization.
• Establishes performance and profit objectives for short-term and long-term goals.
• Reviews departmental reports, addressing potential conflicts and/or misinformation.
• Ensures a maximum level of service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained throughout the property in the area of Food and Beverage.
• Facilitates the flow of information throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled departmental meetings with all Food and Beverage management team.
• Serves as a member of the Operations Committee, attending weekly status meetings.
• Held accountable, to the highest degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
Directly supervises Director(s), Executive Chef and Administrative Assistant. Indirectly supervises the activities of all team members in the Food and Beverage Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in hotel and restaurant management or related area preferred. Six to eight years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of six years experience in food and beverage management, with progressive supervisory/managerial responsibilities required. Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills required.