Expanded Used Oil Collection Opportunities
Sierra Disposal , July 2, 2012Sierra Disposal Service, El Dorado County Fire Department and El Dorado County Environmental Management have teamed up to expand used oil collection opportunities for north County residents.
CURBSIDE OIL- Residential Sierra Disposal Service customers can now have their used oil and used oil filters picked up on their regular collection day. To use this new service:
1. Place your oil into clean, clear plastic bottles (water or milk bottles) or original oil containers. All bottles and containers must have tight, screw tops lids. Secure the lids with tape. We are not able to return containers collected at curbside so use containers you don't want back.
2. Place your drained oil filter (drain for at least four hours) into a leak proof plastic bag and seal the bag by ziplock or with twist tie.
3. Place the oil and filter (holes up) next to your garbage can on your scheduled collection day.
4. Do not mix the oil with anything else. Oil mixed with fuels, solvents, brake fluid and other liquids cannot be recycled, and must be taken to a household hazardous waste collection facility (see below).
5. Do not set out more than 2 gallons of oil per week.
6. Do not use any pesticide, bleach or other containers that contained chemical products.
OIL COLLECTION FACILITIES – You can also transport your oil to one of these north County facilities:
1. El Dorado County Fire Station 7200 St. Florian Ct., Cool, 885-1232, Mon-Sun 8-6
2. Sierra Superstop 4710 Marshall Road, Garden Valley, 333-4620, Mon-Sun 8-6
3. AC Unlimited 6490 Hwy 193, Georgetown, 333-2826, Mon-Fri 8-5
4. Ceccardi’s Feed Store 7170 Hwy 49, Coloma, 626-4928, Mon-Fri 9-5, Sat. 9-4
5. Mosquito Fire Station 8801 Rock Creek Road, Mosquito, 626-9017, Mon-Sun 8-5
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (HHW) COLLECTION
For HHW other than oil, such as paints, pesticides, fuels, solvents, batteries, pool chemicals and fluorescent lights, please bring your waste to:
El Dorado Disposal Service
4100 Throwita Way
Friday & Saturday, 9-4
El Dorado Hills Fire Station
3670 Bass Lake Road
El Dorado Hills
First and Third Saturday
each month 9-12
Oil collection centers can accept up to 5 gallons.
If you have more than 5 gallons, please contact the center for approval. Oil mixed with any other products or liquids will not be accepted.
The used oil collection centers listed above accept used oil at no charge.
Please visit our web site at www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/emd or call (530) 621-5300 for more info
Call 1-800-CLEANUP for more information on Recycling Used Oil and Filters
Funded by a grant from the California Integrated Waste Management Board
Zero Waste, You Make it Happen
THANK YOU FOR HELPING KEEP EL DORADO COUNTY CLEAN