Fabulous fireworks at South Lake Tahoe
Cris Alarcon, PRpond , July 2, 2012The American Pyrotechnics Association rates South Lake Tahoe’s spectacular Fourth of July fireworks celebration one of the top five displays in the nation
The show on Wednesday, July 4 is scheduled to begin at approximately 9:45 p.m. The fireworks are visible all over town.
Below are some of the sweet spots to get a front row seat.
• The Tahoe Queen and M.S. Dixie II: South Shore’s two Mississippi paddlewheelers offer a unique opportunity to view the light show from the water. Board the Tahoe Queen for a dinner dance cruise or the M.S. Dixie II for a fireworks cruise.
Both feature live entertainment and fantastic views of the evening’s display. Log onto www.laketahoecruises.com.
• Nevada Beach: Located about two miles east of the Nevada casinos on Elk Point Road, Nevada Beach is the ideal setting for a family barbecue at the beach. A wide, sandy shoreline leads down to the sapphire waters of Lake Tahoe. Charcoal barbecues and picnic tables dot the beach. The view across the lake to the West Shore and Desolation Wilderness is unsurpassed. And the view of the fireworks display is one of the best in town.
• Timber Cove Marina: Offering front row seating that fills up fast.
• Bijou Community Park: Set back from the shoreline, this park boasts a skate park, disc golf course, dog park, golf course and playground to keep the whole family entertained while holding your ideal viewing spot.
• The Tallac Historic Site: Off Emerald Bay Road, has an east-view perspective with nearby Baldwin Beach. For the more adventurous, the top of Mount Tallac offers a bird’s eye view of the fireworks extravaganza, but don’t forget your headlamp for the trek back down.
• Edgewood-Tahoe: Watch the fireworks show front and center from the beach to the south of Edgewood Tahoe’s clubhouse. Edgewood will be offering only a limited amount of tickets to this event. www.EdgewoodTahoe.com
For more information contact South Shore of Lake Tahoe at www.tahoesouth.com or call 530-544-5050 or 800-288-2463.